Friday 19 February 2010

hummus

I miss hummus, and eating it in Sydney isn't the same since Efes in Newtown closed. Their death knell was the white table cloths....
Looking at recipes I never bothered because tahini isn't widely available here. What a revelation to learn that sesame seeds toasted (or not) put through the blender achieves the same result.

3-4 tablespoons of white sesame seeds, (toast and put in a food processor)
1 cup of chickpeas
juice of a lemon
salt
garlic
olive oil (one that you like the taste of )

paprika or sumac or even cumin

Wiz through the blender adjust the proportions to suit your taste buds.

Yum!




PS I made the ginger pork vege today and the recipe here was wrong. It should have 2 tbspn mirin, 1tpsn sake and 3 soy. I had it as 3:3 soy and mirin.

1 comment:

Rurousha said...

I love you forever for giving me this idea! ^^