NHK have been urging the masses to up their salt intake.
Heaven forbid we might die of heatstroke.
I was insufficiently impressed with the beauty of my cooking efforts tonight to take a photo, but if my diet in anyway resembles the Japanese average diet, NHK should be sued for inducing strokes...
Dinner here was
- somen noodles with (salty) soy based dipping sauce.
- eggplant and capsicum (green paprika) with (salty) miso
- wintermelon cooked like this - minus the starch (soy in it)
- cucumber pickles (sent by Hiro's mother not soy, but some kind of saltiness)
- tomatoes - no salt
- fried tofu (that was supposed to be agedashi - in a soy sauce - until Hiro's mother sent a box of vegies that meant there were plenty of other things cooked.
Tomorrow I am drying out - corn, tomato brocoli - no soy to be seen.
I can't imagine how I could possibly need salt.... and I don't even eat at convenience stores...
I guess the bright side of eating Fukushima beef is that some kind of cancer will get me before the stroke....