Monday 15 August 2011

The legality of being hot.

Hot hot hot hot hot!

It was 33 degrees inside when I got up at 6.30am today.
It's 34 degrees now at 11.30pm....
It didn't used to be this hot.
And it's nothing to do with global warming.
The two little apartment blocks with lots of green and a great big biwa tree have gone.
Replaced by a behemoth* monstrousity apartment block that blocks out the breeze and has no green. Concrete and bitumen that absorb heat all day and release heat all night.
I can't believe it's legal.
In fact I am pretty sure there is supposed to be a ratio ... I don't know the ins and outs but it's bad bad urban planning and, I suspect, corruption is probably involved.


But the idea of getting a machine that blows hot air out to make the inside air cool seems rather irresponsible in one of the worlds biggest heat islands.  A bit like eating a Mega Mc Meal to combat starvation in Somalia.  I'm going to have to bite the proverbial bullet & start greening the balcony.



Especially for you MKS.

No comments: