I took a trip to Shinagawa to renew my visa today.
In the documentation....
- a application form to extend the visa
- Hiro's family register which his mother gets from the Odate local govt. office.
- a certificate of Hiro's place of residence (jyuminhyo)
- a certificate of my residence (even though I am written onto Hiro's as being at the same address I need to produce my own foreigner's place of residence certificate )
- a tax certificate of Hiro's (they don't care about my income fortunately)
- a certificate of guarantee for Hiro to fill out in case I do bad things and get deported - it is just about a blank cheque.
The double certificate for residence proof is a relic of when foreigners couldn't be written onto the Japanese jyuminhyo, but.... the last two were a cause for consternation.
I can't pick up Hiro's tax certificate from the local govt. without Hiro's permission... privacy..... (I picked up a form to get him to designate me proxy to collect it.)
I can fill in the guarantor form which is potentially a blank cheque - in English - & use a 100yen shop stamp as a signature and they accept it !!!.