Thursday 19 July 2012

Rolling Stones... before my time...

Hiro bought a can of beer the other day - I was a bit taken a back, a flacid tongue that looked as though it was about to start vomiting... Definitely not within my parametres for happoshu (low tax beer)  buying  - no cute or seasonal imagery. (Parametres that make very little sense to Hiro).
It dawned on me about two weeks later that it's memorial can for the Rolling Stones 50th anniversary...
I guess pop culture has never been my forte.... at least I can say they were before my time...



http://www.planet13.com.au/3334/Rolling%2520Stones-Badges-b.jpg
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Rurousha said...

So it's just a Rolling Stones anniversary? It doesn't illustrate a raging tongue-hanging-out dog-like panting thirst, as I initially thought?

PS: They're even before MY time, which means they're seriously ancient! :p

Cecilia said...

It gives me reassurance to know that I am not the only one so badly out of the pop culture loop...

One of my students had a rolling stones t-shirt with this on the other day. I felt so culturally aware being able to ask if he was a rolling stones fan...

Nothing like being educated in one's own culture by Suntory Happoshu.