Tuesday 12 January 2010

Rajio Taisou - radio exercises

I think I pulled a muscle in my rib the other day carrying the folding bike. It's not serious, I am sure. But perhaps I should have been doing the radio exercises that all Japapanese above about 4 years old can (and do) do.  Each morning NHK broadcasts it and  at 8.20 each the self defence force near here plays the tune for the self defence force 'soldiers' do the routine. During the summer holidays children can assemble at 7 or so in the morning to do it together at school.   Apparently it was introduced from Bismarkian Germany in Meiji time. It could be the alternative national anthem...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

you should!

Cecilia said...

We could both practice and next time I am back we can do a routine in Ashfield Park!